Gsoc Week three

Implimentation continues.

My week three has been some how challenging though i did not do much of coding during this week. It began with me Looking into resolving the blockers that i had the week which this one followed. One of the blocker which was a design issue and needed me to have it discussed with my mentor. This blocker came up as a result of some pull request reviews which i trying to fix led to a majority of test failing and i got worried, It Actually took a while for me to get it working reason being that the week was full of official public holidays, public and non working hours particularly for my mentor hence it delayed my resolving of the blocker. This did not just end here I after temporally resolving the issue while waiting for my mentor to discuss with them went further into  looking at the rest webservice module how to add my own new endpoint . This from the wiki seemed not to be a tedious work with the example they used. But while i started following the procedure to create mine, I noticed there were just some concept that could not be applicable to me this was because i found out the resource i will be manipulating through the endpoint is not as direct to the point or not a core model that i could just use out of the box So i after some heavy research found out that i needed to create a custom resource before i can use the wiki documentation and it applies for me. One other disturbing factor was the ease of understanding the methods that are being used when creating the new resource.

Extracurricular Activities.

Apart from my normal gsoc activities for this week. I also found mysel engaged with the openmrs community fixing a bug with result from a pull request i made during testing. I am happy i had to interact with the vibrant community and got some good design and approaches on fixing the raised bug. Again with the help from experts in the community i was able to fix the issue though it is still as at now hanging(not yet been merge) RESTWS-706. pull request


This week ended with a talk discurssion with my mentors of the functional requirement that i will use. This also came up as a result of me proposing the use of json web token for managing the token for  the reseting of the password.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Algorithm Design A Call For Concern To Software Engineers

Week Twelve

Week Eleven